Just like all things, the durability and lasting brilliance of your jewellery pieces depend on your diligent care. While metals naturally soften and lose their shine with the passage of time, you can prolong the life of your cherished items by heeding these suggestions:
- Establish a routine of adorning your jewellery as the finishing touch before heading out, and make it a practice to remove them as your first step upon returning.
- Avoid contact with cosmetics, fragrances, sunscreens, lotions, and other chemical substances that could tarnish your jewellery.
- Before bedtime, take off your jewellery to prevent unintended damage or breakage while you sleep.
- Remove your jewellery before engaging in activities such as hand washing, showering, or swimming in chlorinated or saltwater environments. This precaution significantly minimises wear and the risk of loss.
- Prior to embarking on physically demanding tasks like cleaning or exercising, it is advisable to remove your jewellery to safeguard them from potential harm.
- If you choose to layer necklaces or pendants, please be mindful that friction between the metal surfaces may affect the item's durability over time.
Each piece is thoughtfully encased in a Dear Keepsake signature gift box, ideal for safekeeping while traveling to prevent damage or for gifting to a loved one. To enhance the longevity of your jewellery, we recommend the following:
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Ensure that the pieces are separated to prevent scratching and tangling.
- Avoid storing your jewels in a jewellery box or pouch. Instead, we suggest allowing your pieces access to free-flowing air, such as storing them in a dish.
- After each wear, wipe your jewellery with a soft, cotton cloth to maintain its shine.
- Gently rub your piece in one direction to remove dirt.
- Handle chains delicately to avoid stretching.
- Refrain from using a brush, as this may compromise the clear protective top lacquer.
- Do not employ an ultrasonic cleaner.
Our signature fine chain is delicate and requires special attention to prevent accidental entanglement or stretching. Please keep this in mind, as any damage due to regular wear and tear is not covered under warranty.
An acidic pH level in the body can affect your skin, leading to oxidation and discolouration of your jewellery over time. We recommend using a soft, cotton cloth to remove oils after each wear to mitigate this effect.